Role: Teaching Assistant
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time – 5 Days per week (37 hours) – Term Time Only including Inset Days (39 Weeks)
Advert Start Date: Monday 18th October 2021
Required from: As soon as possible
Salary: NJC 5 to 6 – £19,312 to £19,698 (Pro-rated £16,322 to £16,648)
The Trust is seeking to appoint a highly motivated Teaching Assistant, to join our inclusive and creative school. Applications are invited from experienced Teaching Assistants, who are prepared to make a positive contribution to the life and ethos of our inclusive school. The successful candidate will work in a mixed EYFS and KS1 classroom, supporting children with their daily activities under the direction of the classroom teacher.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a relevant Level 3 Child Care or Teaching Assistant qualification
- Be passionate about young children and their learning
- Be an outstanding practitioner with high expectations
- Be proficient in supporting the delivery of all aspects of teaching and learning
- Have good understanding of the need for strategies to motivate and inspire all children to make good progress, particularly those in vulnerable groups
- Be an effective communicator and be able to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Be flexible and resourceful whilst always putting the needs of the child first
- Have a commitment to their own professional development.
- Be prepared to be involved in the wider life of the school.
Ryhope Infant School Academy is a caring, supportive community where we aim to provide outstanding education in a nurturing environment.
Application packs are available to download below. Completed application forms should be returned directly to the school by post or by e-mail, no later than midday on Monday 8th November 2021 and marked for the attention of Mrs T Allen, Headteacher. Please note CV applications will not be accepted and applicants must have authorisation to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications: Monday 8th November 2021 @ 12 noon
Shortlisting: W/c 8th November 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 15th November 2021
Ryhope Infant School Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to be fully committed to our safeguarding policies and procedures, in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Pre-employment checks and references will be sought and the successful candidate will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.