PE & Sports Grant
PE and Sport play a very important part in the life of our school. We believe that exercise and sport contribute to the holistic development of young people and, through participation in sport and physical education, young people learn more about key values such as teamwork, fair play and respect for themselves and others.
There is significant evidence to show the positive effects of sport and exercise on children’s physical health, growth and development. Furthermore, sport also provides a healthy environment within which young people can learn how to deal with competition and how to cope with both winning and losing.
Since 2013, the Government has provided ‘Sport Premium’ funding, specifically aimed at improving the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision in all schools.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside teachers when teaching PE
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
For further details on the PE and sport premium for primary schools, please visit the Government website:
PE & Sports Funding Documents
|PE & Sports Funding Document|
|PE & Sports Funding 2018-2019 Evaluation||View|
|PE & Sports Funding 2018-2019||View|
|PE & Sports Funding 2017-2018||View|